Saturday, February 27, 2010

Banana Oat Cookies



2 cups rolled oats
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup vegetable oil
teaspoon of vanilla extract

very small pinch of salt (like 1/8 tsp)
pinch of sugar

mash bananas
add oats, vegetable oil and vanilla
*add dates/dried fruit*
bake for 15 minutes @350 or until a little brown



It is cold and snowy on January 19, 2012 and I finally made a batch of these banana oat cookies in the LSHT test kitchen.  I amended the original recipe after I tasted the batter, I felt it needed just the tiniest pinch of salt, and for good measure I added a teaspoon of sugar.  I also thought adding some dried fruit was a good idea after I tasted the batter, so I added a nice amount of raisins. I let the batter sit for 5 or 10 minutes, and the first batch I baked at 375 for 15 minutes, and the bottoms were a bit brown (but still tasty), so the next batch I lowered the temp to 350 and lined the pan with parchment paper and they turned out perfectly.  My 7 year old took and bite and said, "Mommy these are so yummy!"

2 comments:

  1. eh-hem.
    I have a freezer full of bananas and cans & cans of oats in the cupboard. At what temperature does one bake these simple morsels of not-too-many-ingredients-needed delight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. good question. I'd try 350! Our test kitchen will report back in a few days

    ReplyDelete